Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Camping on Lake Ouachita at Brady Mountain Resort!


Lake Ouachita, is located in the Ouachita National Forrest of more than 1.6 million acres near Hot Springs, Arkansas. It is one of several lakes in the area that included: Lake Hamilton, Lake Creeson, Lake Millwood and Lake Catherine. Lake Ouachita has 9 resorts and 1 state park, (Ouachita State Park) located on Pine Mountain. With more than a 1,000 miles of shore lines, of which, over 900 miles, that a private home can not be built on the lake front.

In the late 70's, we chose the "Brady Mountain" resort to camp for a week around the 4th of July. At that time, we had a travel trailer and a Jet boat for our camping trip. There was a marina to park our boat in a slip and easy access to the large open waters, in which to ski. You would think that there was plenty of room on the lake, but on the 4th, we loaded up and went to one of the many islands to picnic, swim and water ski. With all our gear and picnic supplies, we made it to the island in two trips. After several hours a thunder storm was coming up in the distance, so we decided to start back across to our campsite before the storm. Again it took two trips, but for some reason the boat felt more heavy and hard to steer. It was after the second trip that I decided to take the boat out of the water for security reasons. I started checking all the gear and found that someone had taken a liking to the "White Rocks" on the island and decided that it would look good around her flower beds........there were rocks hidden in every little nook. I figured that we had about 200 lbs of extra weight..............Bah.........Hum.........Bug!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. You are so funny, I guess that is why we all love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caught me laughing out loud on that one. You go rock lady. Bet they still look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sis, I'm sure you know who the "Rock Lady" was.....Patti, I think the rocks are still there. We moved to Houston, Tx after that and there was no room to move them. (The Rocks)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi There, I'm here from Arkansas Patti's blog. I am so happy that you all are going to meet Patti. She is one of my favorite bloggers.

    I think we have alot in common since George and I are retired and love hiking and being outdoors. We enjoy photography, travel, family, and I LOVE sports. I'm a huge Tenn. Vol fan and Tenn. Titans fan.

    We also love Arkansas and have made several trips to Mt. Nebo/Petit Jean and Mt. Magazine.

    Hope you will visit my blog.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Lake Ouachita. We have been to busy this summer to get there, and that is a shame.

    P.S. Are you a geocasher?

    An Arkies Musings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Betsy for visiting my blog. I am a big Razorback fan. I have several family members that Tn vols alum. I guess your blood runs orange like my does red. (LoL) S.E.C. all the way! It was such a pleasure to meet Patti and to hear from one of her bloggers. I will be visiting your site.
    Thanks again, Arkie38

    ReplyDelete
  7. richies,
    Don't know what a geochasher is, but I could maybe be one....LoL
    thanks for visiting...Arkie38

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have popped over on the advice of Arkanas Patti, I just had to read what she has been raving about :-)

    ReplyDelete